Maize Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is an international early childhood parent education and family support program serving families from birth through age 5.
Components of the program include:
- Personal Visits: Personal visits support parents in their parenting role in order to promote optimal child development and positive parent-child interaction. Personal visits with Certified Parent Educators are scheduled and are about an hour in length.
- Group Meetings/Family Events: Group meetings provide opportunities for parents to acquire information about child development, parenting and positive parent-child interaction, while gaining support from each other.
- Screenings: Screenings provide regular information about each child's health and developmental progress, increases parents' understanding of their child's development, and identifies strengths and abilities, as well as areas of concern. Maize Parents as Teachers offers annual screenings to children enrolled in our program. We also offer free vision and hearing screenings at Maize Early Childhood Center.
- Resource Network: The program connects families to needed resources and takes an active role in the community, establishing ongoing relationships with other institutions and organizations that serve families. PAT library resource materials are available for check out in our playroom, Room 11, Maize Early Childhood Center.
Enrollment for Parents as Teachers
To enroll in the Maize Parents as Teachers program, please click here for the PAT Enrollment page. After you have enrolled, you will be contacted by a PAT Parent Educator for a personal visit, or will be put on the waitlist depending on case load. All other components of our program (playgroup, family events, resource check out, screenings, etc.) are available to you at the time of enrollment. If you have any questions, please call the office at (316) 722-3105.
If you are already enrolled in PAT and have a Parent Educator assigned to you, please fill out Skyward information. Click here to begin Skyward enrollment
2022-23 Playgroup Schedule
Playgroups for birth to 3 are held at Maize Early Childhood Center, 9405 W 37th Street North.
- Musikgarten (ECC Room 48): Tuesday at 10am and 10:45am
- Birth to 3 Playgroup (ECC Rooms 11 and 13): Wed/Thurs 10-11am
- (no sign up required)
- Home Visits: Sign up here
Monthly Newsletter: Our online newsletter features program activities and useful information. Calendars of events are also posted online for parents to view and print off. Check out our newsletter or calender link to find out the latest.
Social media: Please follow us on Facebook at Maize Parents as Teachers and Early Childhood Center and Instagram at maizepat.
Michelle McAllister, PAT Coordinator
Parents as Teachers
9405 W 37th St North
Wichita, KS 67205
Vision: All children will learn, grow and develop to realize their full potential.
Mission : To provide the information, support, and encouragement that parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.