This resource page includes updated information about COVID-19.
Current Face Mask Requirements by Maize USD 266 School/Grade:
- All elementary and intermediate schools (kindergarten through grade 6): Face masks required for employees and students during school when six feet of social distancing is not possible (effective Sept. 8 through the end of the day on Oct. 11)*
- Maize South High School: Face masks required for employees and students during school when six feet of social distancing is not possible (effective Sept. 20 through the end of the day on Oct. 1)*
- Maize Career Academy: Face masks required for employees and students during school when six feet of social distancing is not possible (effective Sept. 20 through the end of the day on Oct. 1)*
- All other schools/buildings: Face masks optional, but encouraged
*Employees and students who provide proof of vaccination will be encouraged to wear a face mask but will not be required to do so.
Maize USD 266 COVID Dashboard
Maize USD 266’s COVID Dashboard reflects cases of Maize USD 266 students and employees as reported to school staff members on the day reflected. Dates of cases and corresponding close contacts may not be reported on the same date. Figures for positive cases are inclusive of all sources of exposure and may not be workplace- or school-related. High-risk close contact figures only include those related to workplace- or school-related contacts. The district’s week one dashboard dated the week of Aug. 16 originally also included high-risk close contact figures from all sources of exposure and may not be workplace- or school-related. Two dashboards from the week of Aug. 16 are now available to view so the data is presented consistently throughout the school year.
2021-22 COVID Dashboard archive
- Week One: Week of Aug. 16 (originally published with high-risk close contact figures including all sources of exposure)
- Week One, Updated: Week of Aug. 16 (with high-risk close contact figures only including those related to workplace- or school-related contacts)
- Week Two: Week of Aug. 23
- Week Three: Week of Aug. 30
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services
Sedgwick County Health Department Q&A (May 2021)
COVID-19 health and safety guidelines
Kansas State High School Activities Association
COVID-19 testing and daily rapid testing clinic resources
Maize Board of Education meetings
Based on the advice of counsel, Maize USD 266 will no longer be maintaining the video recordings of the Maize Board of Education meetings. For the time being, meetings will be streamed live and available to view on the district’s YouTube channel at bit.ly/Maize266YouTube. However, the district will no longer preserve the recordings of the meetings. Thank you.
Maize USD 266 Mission
The mission of Maize USD 266 is to inspire students to discover their potential through connecting, learning, and leading.
Maize USD 266 Core Values
Integrity. Innovation. Community. Responsibility. Empathy. Resilience
Maize USD 266 Vision
The Maize School District is a student-centered environment where all members of the school-community are empowered to participate and thrive academically, civically, and socially through relevant educational experiences to achieve and fulfill their life’s purpose.