Election 2018: Your vote, voice matters
One of the most effective and simplest ways supporters of Maize Schools and Kansas public education can support students is to vote. Kansas voters can influence the future funding of our schools and the future of Kansas public education.The deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 6 General Election is Oct. 16. The following are key dates for that election, according to the Sedgwick County Election Office:
- Oct. 16: Deadline to register to vote in General Election.
- Oct. 22: Early Voting in the Election Office, 510 N. Main No. 101 in downtown Wichita, begins at 8 a.m.
- Oct. 30: Last day to return Advance Ballots.
- Oct. 30: Early Voting at satellite sites begins at noon.
- Nov. 3: Early Voting at satellite sites ends at 4 p.m.
- Nov. 5: Early Voting in the Election Office ends at noon.
- Nov. 6: General Election
Additional important information
Thank you for your civic contribution, which allows Kansas to maintain strong public school districts, including Maize USD 266.For more information, call the Educational Support Center at 316-722-0614.(Thanks to Maize Central Elementary School for the flag artwork pictured above.)
- Advance Voting: You will find below Sedgwick County's Application for an Advance Voting Ballot. This mail ballot allows you to vote from home at a time convenient for you. It is an editable PDF you can fill out, print, sign, and return to the Sedgwick County Election Office. The election office offers these reminders to prevent your application from being rejected: (1) Include your Driver's License number. (2) Select your party. (3) Hand-write and do not type in your signature. Your signature must match the one the election office has on file for you.
- Before you vote: Find out who will be on the ballot -- and learn their positions on the issues that are important to you. Review voting records, campaign literature, websites, and personal conversations or e-mails to decide which candidates best match your views.
- Register to vote for the General Election: For those interested in voting in the Nov. 6 General Election, make sure you're registered to vote. If you've moved or changed your name, you must re-register. Click here for a printable voter application. The deadline to register to participate in the General Election is Oct. 16.