• Medication

    Students with prescription medication must be administered through the school's nurses office under the supervision of the school nurse and are to be brought to school by the parent or guardian in the prescribed bottle accompanied by a current signed Maize Request For Administration Of Medication by the student's prescribing physician and parent/guardian. Please review the Maize District's Board of Education policy by clicking here.

    Students in high school may carry and self-administer over-the-counter medications like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and cough drops, once the parent has completed the Maize Request for Administration of Medication form and the student has submitted this signed form to the school nurse. 

    Students with Inhalers, Epi Pens and Insulin may carry and self-administer after providing the school nurse with their completed Request for Administration of Medication form signed by their doctor and their parents or guardians. 

    If at all possible, medication needs to be given prior to coming to school or after returning home from school under parent supervision. The initial dose of medication must be given by the parent/guardian to determine if the student will have an adverse reaction.

    It is the parent's responsibility to assure that the medication brought to school is the correct dosage prescribed and listed on the bottle.

    A completed Request for Administration of Medication form must be filled out for each medication the student will be taking at school. The form can be downloaded below.

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.