• When can I make changes to my benefits enrollments?

    Eligible employees must enroll in benefits within 30 days of their hire date.

    Employees can make changes at open enrollment each year (August) or with a qualifying event.

    Qualifying events include:

    • Marriage, divorce, legal separation
    • Birth, adoption, legal guardianship, medical child-support order
    • Change in child’s dependent status (i.e. reaching age 26)
    • Death of your spouse or dependent child
    • Change in spouse’s benefits or employment status that affects their eligibility status
    • Loss of group coverage at another plan’s open enrollment
    • An individual becomes eligible/ineligible for Medicaid/Medicare 

    PLEASE NOTE: You must notify the Human Resources Office within 30 days of the qualifying life event. Election changes must be made within 30 days of the qualifying event. If you do not make your changes within 30 days of the qualifying event, you will have to wait until the next annual enrollment period to make changes (unless you experience another qualifying event). A change form must be returned to the HR department within 30 days of the qualifying event along with the required documentation. 

    Documentation includes 

    • proof of enrollment or loss of other coverage
    • proof of marriage, divorce, separation
    • proof of adoption or birth of a child
    • proof of enrollment in Medicare/Medicaid

    Submit forms to HR Specialist Laura Simpson (lsimpson@usd266.com)