Choose Maize USD 266
The Maize School District is located in and near the rapidly growing northwest side of Wichita. Noted for being progressive and innovative, Maize Schools also provide a personal and caring atmosphere. The schools stand at the heart of the community life in Maize community. Academic, artistic, athletic, and musical achievements of young people create a spirit of involvement that extends to all ages.
The school system, which houses more than 7,000 students, serves a large number of students. Maintaining the qualities of a small-town friendly atmosphere is a priority.
Student and staff safety and well-being are of the utmost importance at Maize USD 266. Preventive safety measures include:
- District and Building Level Crisis Response Plans in place to enable staff to immediately respond to a crisis situation.
- City of Maize Police Officers on-site to ensure a safe and secure school environment. Officers serve as a resource to students, parents, and staff members in order to provide necessary education and information.
- Every building has one point of entry at the front office for visitors during the school day. All visitors must sign in and out of the office.
- Background checks are conducted for volunteers who regularly work with children in the elementary schools.
- The district utilizes a mass notification system that allows district administrators to send thousands of voice, e-mail and text messages to parents, faculty, and staff at a moment's notice in the event of a school emergency.
Maize USD 266 Schools has been committed to providing students an education filled with opportunities by reimagining learning and changing the world. Our OneMa1ze community is an attractive one to many, as we have seen rapid growth in recent years, growing more than 10 percent in the past decade. Our suburban school district located in Maize, Kansas, serves more than 7,000 students at its three high schools, two middle schools, and five elementary schools. Maize USD 266 strives to provide each student with the opportunity to experience unprecedented academic success and unparalleled personal growth through personalized student learning.
The district offers many special programs including the Complete High School Maize, a non-traditional and award-winning program for high school students; the Maize Career Academy (MCA) is an innovative program to help high school students be college and career ready through hands-on learning with real-world applications. The program is committed to meeting the demands of the ever-changing needs of the workforce; and Kindergarten Stars, a specialized classroom for students who would benefit from additional social-emotional support in order to be successful in school.